Sunday, July 29, 2012

"Pagkain ng Gulay Ugaliin, Araw-araw Itong Ihain"

         
 We celebrate the National Nutrition Month every July. The theme for this year’s celebration is "Pagkain ng Gulay Ugaliin, Araw-araw Itong Ihain".
     Eating vegetables is very important. It helps us to be healthy.  It’s not like the other foods like meat, crabs and shrimps that can cause us to have a high blood pressure. Vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals that help our body to fight diseases. It is also very affordable not like the other foods.  By simply planting vegetables to our backyard, we can already have foods to prepare and we are sure that is clean and fresh. Some of our foods today already have those toxic substances that can harm our body. If we prepare, there are so many recipes for as to use in order for us not to lost interest on it. We can also sometimes eat fish with vegetables, meat with vegetables. What is important is we have to give priority to the vegetables. It helps us to strong. What I notice is when I don’t eat vegetable, after a few hours or let’s just say two and half hours, I feel like I’m very hungry again. Eating vegetables also helps our farmers to increase their incomes.
       “One of the most nice things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating” a quote I read from Luciano Pavarotti and William Pavarotti. Eat vegetables everyday!

             

No comments:

Post a Comment